ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Celestrian
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
New camera
Mar 16, 2013

Hi.

I am buying a DSLR, but I cannot make up my mind (not the first post I post here either).

I will be shooting much handheld while hiking and like to take pictures of animals. I don't have any lenses or brand preference. I want the camera to be able to do some action (moving animals) and sports too, in addition to landscape/nature/architecture and well.. an all-round camera.

I've found these "bundles" that will cost me the same, and wonder which I should go for (which of these will give me most fun for the money) - I can probably add more lenses eventually, but I don't want to be dependent on that before I can start shooting some decent pics.

Pentax K-5 II w/18-135 WR
I'd love WR, but the AF is maybe too slow for the sports/action? RAW buffer size seems ok, and fps is decent enough.
(I might add a used DA 50-300 on this one, or also go for a K-30/K-5, same kit, with zoom within my budget)

Nikon D7100 w/18-105VR
I'd love this one, since it's brand new and stuff, but it seems that the buffer is horribly small if I want to do sports, birds in flight, sprinting dogs etc? This only seems to be a problem in RAW though, and I don't have too much experience of fixing the pics afterwards, but still... 
(For the same price I could also get a D7000 with the same kit lens, but afford to add a Tamron 70-300 VC)

Canon 7D w/Sigma 18-200 II OS
Seems like this is renowned and good for sports, but it's getting old. And since I'm bringing it hiking and using it hand held, a light camera is better than a heavy one.
(I think this is the only Canon I'm considering)

I'm not very experienced with DSLR, but intent on learning quickly, but I suppose a rather intuitive menu and system is better than something that's really not logical.

Any thoughts?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow