Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Reviews, hands-on, samples of HS50 Part V
In reply to isb_deep, Mar 16, 2013

isb_deep wrote:

Update for the HS50:

I am still trying to work the settings. One thing I noted was that unlike the HS20/30, the HS50 does not need an 1/3 EV adjustment in center weighted mode in normal situations. Even then, I have been using Average mode for most of my shots as I think that produces the most accurate exposure. The other thing I failed to mention earlier is the high speed mode. I mean this camera is amazing when it comes to continuous shots. You can seamlessly shoot full resolution at 6 fps for almost forever. I shot till 59 continuous frames before stopping and it took I think about 5 second to write the files. I didn't time it, maybe some other time I might, but it sure was blazing fast.

Image quality is about the same as the HS30 so that is about as good (or bad) it will get. I used NR low and sharpness low but still end up with some noticeable noise at ISO400 and below. Maybe I have been spoiled by using a dslr. Raw files are not yet supported by Lightroom so hopefully once they are I might be able to get slightly better results. Image stabilization is outstanding. I will shoot more to get a better understanding of how the lens performs and go about modifying my preferred settings.

Some shots from earlier today, all Jpegs, minor PP in Photoscape and resized.

- Deep

Tack-sharp shots Deep. Great job!

I'll be delighted to see if you can pull out shots like these. HS30 does amazing job in BIF so I am very sure, HS50 can deliver better.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow