Wide angle for DX5100 - Nikon 12-24 / Nikon 10-24 / Tokina 12-24 ?

Started Mar 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgn2
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Wide angle for DX5100 - Nikon 12-24 / Nikon 10-24 / Tokina 12-24 ?
Mar 16, 2013

I'm looking to add a wide-angle to my D5100. I currently have a 35mm prime, 18-55, 55-200. All lenses are definitely adequate for my level of shooting, and I am certainly not a pixel peeper. Just love taking great pictures and I value convenience and weight as big pluses. I have narrowed it down to these three - Nikon 12-24 / Nikon 10-24 / Tokina 12-24 and ruled out Tokina 11-16, Sigma 8-16, Tamron 10-24, Sigma 10-20 either because they seem to have not such great reviews or the range of focal lengths is small. I am looking to spend as little as possible and hope to buy used (possibly from KEH, ebay, BH, adorama) and would like to spend as little as possible. I just don't want to buy something I would want to replace in less than say 3 years. The lens would be used for landscapes as well as indoors. I would also like the lens to be as small and light as possible without sacrificing too much in IQ. I've read through various threads on here and read a few comparisons and articles, but still undecided. Thank you.

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow