Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
bofo777
Contributing MemberPosts: 569Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 crop factor
In reply to Chrisp63, Mar 16, 2013

Chrisp63 wrote:

Hi,

One of the things I liked about the Olympus system was the sensor size and crop factor which effectively doubles the focal length, great for extending the reach of the lens and getting nice wildlife shots, not so good for landscapes. However since i purchased my E-510 almost 5 years ago I like many others have been disappointed by the lack of investment in the DSLR market compared to the other major competitors, the lack of information seems to disappoint many dedicated Olympus users. I want to upgrade from my beginners E-510 to a better model and have been wondering whether to look elsewhere. I only have 4 lens the most expensive being the 50mm F2 macro which I really like. I have just noticed that Nikon have released the D7100 which as well as a 24mp sensor allows you to switch to a 1.3 crop mode (at 16 mp) which at a press of a button turns it into a 4/3rds camera. Another plus is the lack of a low pass filter supposedly giving sharper images.

I really like my E-510 and the quality of the lens but feel that there is a lack of choice in the Olympus range for me to upgrade to (just the old E5) so have made the choice to get the D7100 rather than wait for a possible E7 that may never arrive.. Seems a shame, I really thought I would stay with Olympus and build up a collection of lens over time but looks like their lack of investment in the 4/3rds market has finally made me move.

Are we all supposed to start crying and feel sorry for having Olympus stuff??

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow