New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sovern
Contributing MemberPosts: 907
Like?
Re: Nevermind
In reply to jrkliny, Mar 16, 2013

jrkliny wrote:

It sounds like this thread is turning ugly. It does not help the strength of your argument to call people with different opinions names such as fools, or attritube their opinions to short attention spans and the need for constant entertainment.

The facts are that Canon is really slow in introducing new APS-C sensor technology. They have been using the same sensor since 2009. In the world of cameras and electronics, that is a really long time.

It does appear that Nikon has jumped ahead both with APS-C and FF sensors. I am not really impressed with Nikon either. I would like to believe that Canon is going to soon trump the offerings from Nikon or at least catch up with sensor performance. My conclusion is that manufacturers have reached a plateau in sensor and camera design and future improvements are going to be slower coming and even less impressive. I am not pointing a finger specifically at Canon, but at this time they do seem to be the slowest in making improvements.

-- hide signature --

Jim, AKA camperjim, formerly from liny, Long Island New York

If one company really wanted to get ahead they would release a Medium Format DSLR a long with a lens line up for it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow