I can finally post on this forum legitimately ;-)

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
n057
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,311Gear list
Like?
Re: I can finally post on this forum legitimately ;-)
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Mar 16, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

So my D200 arrived.

Shutter count is around 52,000....so while not fantastic there's still some life in it. The (slight) disappointment is the number of hot pixels. According to Pixel Fixer at default 512 threshold, a 1/2 sec exposure gives 19 hot pixels at ISO 100, increasing to 171 at ISO 3200.

Come to think of it ... very early D200 had a "banding" effect, better seen in high contrast situations. One typical problem was when photographing bright lights against a dark background, like stage lights or fluorescent tubes on a dark ceiling.

Initial impressions are yes it's a lot heavier, and I could feel my hand aching after a couple of hours setup and use. (It didn't come with a neck strap so I did some setup before putting it on, so that may have contributed....time will tell).

A neoprene strap helps a lot there.

So far I've just been taking test shots. I'm going to get a chance to try it out at the local wildlife park today and I'm looking forward to it. Haven't decided whether to put use the 70-300VR or leave the 18-70DX on it.

Wildlife? I guess you will want to put as much distance between the subjects and you ... I suggest the 70-300. But note that the pair gives you a nice coverage.

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow