Nikon D7100 crop factor

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rmark
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 crop factor
In reply to Chrisp63, Mar 16, 2013

When the Nikon D7100 was announced I went thru the exact same thought process. I could get a high quality APS-c format and still get the 4/3 field of view benefits with the 1.3 crop factor. Plus Nikons are very nice cameras.

But.

I already own 2 Olympus bodies (E410, which I use for diving and clinical close-up in my dental practice,and an E-30 for everything else.) To replace the 5 ZD lenses and the Sigma 105 in nikon mount lenses would run into thousands of dollars.

Being honest , my own photographic skills have not exceeded what the E30 is capable of. So except for getting a really cool new toy, I'm not sure what the real benefit would be. Sure I would like better high iso performance, and less noise overall. But for what I would end up spending on new lenses I could take the E30 to the Galapagos., twice.

You could pick up a used E30 or even an E5 for a lot less than the cost of a D7100 plus replacing the lenses you already have.

Rmark's gear list:Rmark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow