Started Jan 1, 2000 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Lovely
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Casio QV-2000UX review
Jan 1, 2000

I have been using this camera for a month and continue to find its results and features outstanding. Your grandmother could use it immediately in point and shoot mode, while more advanced users can switch to full manual where it offers a full choice of f stops and shutter speeds all the way to 16 seconds, plus control over nearly all other parameters too.

Using this camera is easy. It is exceptionally fast between shots, allows much faster review of results than most, menus are well designed, it has USB interface (PC sees it as a HDD), gets good battery life on NiMHs, does AVIs and Panoramas, is small enough to fit in a coat pocket, and makes wonderful, well saturated 8x10s. The very picky will see a few more “jaggies” in some images than in other high end cameras exhibit when they zoom in 200% or more, but these have not been a problem when printing. Color is honest, and low light ability so good I rarely use the flash.

Drawbacks (minor for most): no uncompressed TIFF mode, no external flash connection and no provision for screw-on aux. lenses (but some have made adapters). Product support was available instantly the one time I had a question, but others have said they had to wait or that questions were not answered right away.

Overall, this camera is a bargain with very few compromises!

Problems:

None with the camera. It was delivered with a bad CF card that was instantly replaced by Computers 4Sure.

Tom Lovely's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow