My letter to Nikon customer service...

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve_in_FL
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
Re: My letter to Nikon customer service...
In reply to RedFox88, Mar 15, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

Steve_in_FL wrote:

- Refusing to honor warranties on so-called gray market products. (Nikon you sold it!)

- Refusing to repair gray market products.

What grey market (import) units are without warranty - because the buyer is not paying the for the warranty. That is why import/grey market items cost less than regular in-country products! It's very simple to understand. We all pay for the warranty an item has. If you choose to buy one without a warranty you are saving money on the risk that your unit won't have any issues within the normal warranty period or that any issues will cost less to fix than paying the normal price for a unit with a warranty!

BULL!  Canon honors their warranty wherever you buy their product.  If I buy Nikon in one country, I am screwed for service in any other country.  In my book, that is fraud!

Steve_in_FL's gear list:Steve_in_FL's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow