Started Jul 17, 2001 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trick Shot
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
Casio QV-8000SX review
Jul 17, 2001

Love it. You can't find more features on other cameras for any price. This camera does panaramic easily, 10 sec movies, macro to 1 CM (less then an inch), zooms to 8X optical and 32X with optical and digital, takes long exposures to 64 seconds, has a wired remote control, swivel lens which is good for shots over crowds and different perspectives and for turning around and doing self portrats but for also putting the camera down on a flat object and using it as a tripod. The camera has fully automatic modes or shutter or aperture priority or fully manual. It even has manual or auto focus. The shutter speed goes up to 1/2000 of a second which is good for freezing a drop of water...

The 64 second exposures make increadable night shots. I have done pictrues of trees with the stars in the background. Really amazing.

Macro gets as close as you can get the lens and not block the light from the lens. In other words you can get as close as you want to.

The lens is even threaded at 43mm for additinal filters and add on lenses.

The 8X zoom lens is great and I have not noticed any distortion from it.

Thsi camera is great. No other camera offers a 8X xoom and a long exposure of 60-64 seconds. And the camera does so much more and the pictures look great, even printed up to 8x10.

This is teh second camera I have owned. I love it enough that I am going to upgrade to the Casio QV-2900UX.

Problems:

No problems, but I should mention that the lareg LCD does use a lot of battery power. You have to get rechargeable batteries for this. No problem though, I have 1600Mah and they last all day with intermitten normal usage.

Trick Shot's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow