Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,861Gear list
Like?
IMPACT DAMAGE - HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
Mar 15, 2013

My D800 has the left AF issue. I'm afraid to send it in. I'm worried that they'll make it worse and of course the dreaded IMPACT DAMAGE claim that seems to be popping up.

So How do I protect myself?

Easy....unless I'm missing something!

Before you pack up your camera buy the newspaper on THE DAY YOU SHIP. Photograph your D800/D600/D4 or whatever from ALL ANGLES, TOP & BOTTOM with it SITTING ON THE NEWSPAPER. Hopefully you have a camera that can do this, but frankly even a movie from an Iphone will work fine. Make sure the package is postmarked for the day of the newspaper.

I'd like to see Nikon make a claim of IMPACT DAMAGE when you have PHOTOS or a MOVIE showing the camera in pristine condition and PROOF OF DATE via the NY Times (or whatever paper you'd like) just before you ship.

It's awful that I'm feeling like I need to think of these things. But some poor guy just posted pics of his camera sent from Nikon showing Impact damage that he probably did not do. But he has NO PROOF.

Anyway....I think this might work. I might even risk sending my D800 in for service.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow