Started Nov 13, 2001 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Penn
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F55 review
Nov 13, 2001

I bought this as my first digital camera in June, 1998. I still use it every day because it is simple, reliable, and it produces great pictures. I paid a hefty price as the model was new, but I've gotton full value from the purchase.

I like the fact that this camer has a fixed lens. I think the lens is sharper than most zoom lenses. Also, you never lose a picture because of fussing around with the zoom. This Sony is truly a "point-and-shoot" camera. The email file format is a great idea as high-res picture files take too much time to email to friends.

The batteries are small, and so are the memory sticks, so I always have spares in my pocket. Because the camera is sort of "cute" with its odd little swivel lens, it is non-threatening and makes people laugh when you get it out.

The movie mode is surprisingly effective for capturing a moment, and I have had fun "filming" sound bites and replaying them for the "actors." This camera is fun as well as useful and competent.

I later bought another Digital Camera, the Kodak DC-4800 which I also like. I got it because it can do rapid "bursts" of pictures. That is just what one needs at kid's sporting events. However, the larger size and lack of movie mode make my newer camera the second choice to the Sony for carrying to social events and on trips.

Problems:

The serial download is slow, so buy a USB memory stick reader if you have this camera. The flash is a little "hot" on nearby subjects. The answer is to lower the flash intensity setting using the menu system.

Chris Penn's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow