Started Nov 27, 2001 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Unknown user 70382
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Olympus D-400 Zoom (C900Z) review
Nov 27, 2001

I have owned this camera for about 2 years and have had mixed feelings regarding the performance. In my opinion, image color tends to be lacking and just doesn't seem too vibrant. Sharpness was another area where I felt it fell a little short of the usual "Olympus" quality. The terrible pause that you get when depressing the shutter release is frustrating and if you don't adjust your picture taking habbits to compensate, you can miss the shot all together. Turning the camera off is accomplished by sliding the stiff lens cover directly into the side of the lens body, yikes!
However, on the good-side, the camera is wonderfully small, fits in your pocket and is totally protected with the front cover in the closed position. It has some pretty advanced features including spot metering but I feel it is aimed at the casual "shooter" who doesn't have too many demands of his/her digital camera. At the time I paid $650 for it and unfortunately, I have just droped it onto a concrete floor and killed it!
Would I buy this camera again? Nope, but I will probably still buy an Olympus...

Problems:

Aside from the killer bounce on the concrete, none.

Unknown user 70382's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow