Started Feb 28, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Unknown user 85721
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Olympus D-460 Zoom review
Feb 28, 2002

I like the size of the camera since on weekends, my method of transportation is via two wheels (Harley) rather than four. I wish I could scroll thru the camera photos faster and the batteries lasted longer (I always carry spares). Finally went to rechargable to defray costs. All in all, I like this camera, its size and features.

Problems:

I use this camera almost weekly to capture photos during my weekly Orange North Rotary Club meetings. My camera, which is out of warranty, quit working in December 01 and it was returned to an Olympus repair facility in Southern California. The cost was $135 (including shipping) to replace a push switch. My camera was repaired and returned to me in a timely manner. This month a friend mishandled my camera breaking the flash unit (fragile in my estimation). Olympus fixed it gratus since my previous repair occured within 90 days. I can't fault the service but since I have never dropped my camera (Olympus said my first repair was due to a fall) I have heard from other owners that the push (?) switch is a problem. The flash unit should be internal rather than opening for funcitonal purposes. The downloads are very time consuming and wish photos were downloaded via USB etc.

Unknown user 85721's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow