Started Apr 3, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Unknown user 91133
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P20 review
Apr 3, 2002

Easy to use with very good picture quality. The many features make it fun to use, like taking animated GIF-clips or small MPEG movies (without sound). Usability is easy: point and click.
It is an ideal camera for taking to a party or a familiy event and taking lots of snapshots. The lack of optical zoom and a higher resolution prohibit professional use.
I especially like the 3:2 resolution mode (1200 * 800), because it's good for making prints on paper later (9 * 13 cm should be okay).

Problems:

Only digital zoom which makes the pictures blurry. Don't use the zoom, cut out the desired part of the picture by software later.
The 4 MB Memorystick is a laugh. Buy 64 MB instead and you will have capacity for hundreds of pictures.
The camera sucks Alkaline batteries empty in no time. I use NiMH rechargable with 1800 mAh instead. I can take about 50 pictures with one pair of these rechargables. Much cheaper than the overpriced Sony LiIon-battery.

Unknown user 91133's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow