Couple of questions on NX2

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
Geomaticsman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,535Gear list
Like?
Re: Couple of questions on NX2
In reply to Hugo First, Mar 15, 2013

Hugo First wrote:

How I wish that the Nik plug in Color Efex 4 was available for CNX2 -- but it is not.

Sadly, even version 3 is no longer available for purchase. I almost missed out on it myself, but managed to finagle a copy via determination and sheer luck.

At this late date, the only means for purchase would be from a current owner willing to transfer the license -- which Nik is still willing to do.

Sorry for the digression, but for NX2 users, the Nik plug in is a fabulous addition to the application.

AMEN Hugo! I have yet to find ANY post processor that can complete with the speed, elegance and quality results I get from NX2+Color Efex 3 when processing one-offs. Even when I shot Canon last year I ended up converting CR2 to TIFF and processed everything with NX. LR doesn't have the control I need, and CS5 will get you there but takes WAY too long to do so. There's just nothing like NX2+NIK.

-- hide signature --

Gary -- Some Nikon stuff -- and a preference for wildlife in natural light
www.pbase.com/garyirwin

Geomaticsman's gear list:Geomaticsman's gear list
Nikon D800 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS II USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow