Started Apr 14, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deuce
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Olympus D-490 Zoom (C990Z) review
Apr 14, 2002

Construction of the lens cover is scary at best! Over time it is bound to push the lens out of alignment. The small memory card that comes with it is way too small. Close up macro photography is average. This would be a good camera for a first time, snapshot oriented family. No serious photographers would be happy with it. LCD screen eats up the battery life and simple viewfinder is not accurate. Pictures are digital, therefore they are clear and have good color (no credit to the camera, however). I have used an Epson first generation (years ago) and this really doesn't take any better looking pictures. I have been an exacting photograhper for many years and this was my first digital camera. I am going to upgrade now that I have had it for a year. NOTE: The 64Mb optional card and the optional card reader (a must) turns this into a very high priced camera..so don't be fooled. Spend the money on a higher quality camera or buy it on eBay for cheap. Don't pay retail.

Problems:

With needed options it gets very expensive..battery charger, rechargeable batteries, decent size memory card (they only give you 8Mb with it), card reader (a must), carrying case. Camera will lock up for no reason and have to be turned off to reset it. Long time delay from the time the shutter button is pressed and the picture is taken.

deuce's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow