Started Apr 15, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Unknown user 92903
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P3 review
Apr 15, 2002

Recently upgraded to the Sony, offered the best value for money by far. Seamless integration with Win XP, good build, InfoLithium batteries are fantastic. Proprietory Memory Stick is a little expensive, but bearable. Screen is rather small for those with less-than-perfect sight, and the control 'joypad' on the rear is *not* great - OK for me, but I have small fingers! Macro setting works well. I find that 1600x1200 'fine' mode is the minimum for a decent picture, which is a rather large file, so if storage is a problem, consider carefully. Overall, I'm very happy with the camera; 2.8Mp, Li-Ion batteries and 3x digital zoom for $1000AUD is down at least 50% on 12 months ago. All it needs is a docking cradle....

Problems:

Auto-exposure can be less than optimal, upload and charging cords are a bit fiddly. Charger and cables are bigger than my laptop's! (if somewhat lighter..) Where's my docking cradle, Sony? And why did you have to put the cable sockets at the very *bottom* of the thing???

Unknown user 92903's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow