Started Apr 22, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Desperate Sam
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
Fujifilm MX-2700 / Fujifilm Finepix 2700 review
Apr 22, 2002

I have had this for several years, and it's been a reliable 'workhorse'. I use a floppy disk adapter to get the pics into the PC, so have never had hassles with wires, cradles etc. It takes ten minutes, but you just go and make a cup of tea while it's downloading

The rechargable battery will last just long enough to fill an 8Mb + 16Mb + 64Mb cards, with minimal flash use and the LCD 'off'. I took the camera to Spain from the UK, and the recharger worked just fine; you just need a simple 3-pin to 2-pin plug adapter.

Colour is usually lovely and very faithful, and a quick 'auto-levels' in Photoshop will correct the one-in 20 pics where the colour is a little off. Not to good on strong reds in strong sunlight.

Low light can be tricky (same for any digital camera), but I've had great results with dark areas which are lit by a strong spotlight (eg, mural painting in the corner of a dark dance-club).

Shape and style is great; slips into a pocket really easily and can be half-concealed in the palm of a hand; a great boon if you want to go places where expensive-looking cameras might attract the eyes of the local pondlife

I should say that I never print my pics; everything goes onto my web site at 800 x 600 pixels.

Problems:

None I can think of.

Desperate Sam's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow