Started May 2, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Unknown user 95634
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Olympus C-2020 Zoom review
May 2, 2002

As a sports photographer, this camera is useless unless the action is with 35 feet. Zooming to 2.5X or 3.0X gives uncrisp photos, regardless if the subject is moving or not. To add to the frustration, the delayed action when you press the shutter to when the flash actually goes off is a mystery. You have to hold the shutter down a good second and a half before to get the right photo. This camera is easy to use, but for a paper that relies on action, it's useless. I have found that using fresh batteries straight off the charger gives you better photos, but only after 10 or 15 shots. You want to make sure you have fresh batteries. The movie option is useless.
I've also had troubles getting a plug-in flash to work with this camera.
If I could sell this thing or trade-in for a better camera to suit my needs, I would. Convincing a regional manager of small-daily papers (5,000 circulation) to use better digital equipment is about as useless as taking quality photos with this camera. They seem to think that action photos are a thing of the past.

Problems:

Where do I start? The batteries occassionally like to slip out of its slot. Even a little nick on the lens will cause it to not work properly. There have been some encounters when shooting where the image is not displayed or the red light flashes constantly, forcing you to shut the camera off and restarting it.

Unknown user 95634's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow