Started May 6, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Unknown user 96266
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F505V review
May 6, 2002

I really like my F505V. The more light the better, as with just about any digital camera. The rotating body is an innovation that makes it so much easier to handle, and more ergonomically sound as well. It couldn't be easier to use. The menus are straightforward and well mapped. Sony has done a great job there. I like the feel of this camera in my hand, and everything is easy to find. The lens is probably the best fature. You can't beat Zeiss for quality, and this translates directly into the quality of the pictures, which you can easily see. We bought the camera after it was discontinued to get a better price on it, which made it an even better value. I won PCWorld's "Hot Pic of the Month" with it.

Problems:

My biggest complaint is that the LCD isn't bright enough. On a sunny day, it's difficult to see what it is you're shooting. This is where a viewfinder would be handy. Next digicam I buy will have a viewfinder.

The short movies are way too dark. The feature works best outside on a bright summer day, but forget about making a short clip of a birthday party inside. Muddy and way too dark.

Tha camera's odd shape makes it difficult to find small camera bags, and Sony wants $50 for a cheaply made bag. We use a fanny pack.

Unknown user 96266's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow