Started May 10, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Unknown user 96884
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Pentax Optio 330 review
May 10, 2002

I have owned three digital cameras including the Optio 330 and we honestly picked this camera primarily on it's size. As some reviewers have mentioned, a camera is only good if you have it with you and this camera is definitely small enough to take anywhere.

I find it to have an amazing amount of features for it's size plus it is extremely intuitive to use. I browsed the manual when we bought the camera and haven't had to look at it again since.

Picture quality is very clear, but somehow looks a bit more "digital" than my previous Olympus digital, almost like the image is too sharp or saturated. I've tried adjusting the images, both using camera control and computer enhancements, but they seem a bit overprocessed. Still, you can't say that the the photo quality is poor, just a little too perfect.

If there are any major issues to criticize, the first would be the horrible focusing in "low light". Sometimes, you wouldn't even consider it to be low light to your eye, but the camera has a terrible time focusing. If you have a toddler like I do, you will miss some good shots because of this. The other issues are minor, but the flash is underpowered and the batteries don't last long enough; a spare is an essential.

Otherwise, this is a very good camera that can go with you anywhere and you can be assured it will take some nice quality photos. I know it's too much to ask for a camera of this size, but if it had a bigger lens (say 2.0), I'd say it was near perfect.

Problems:

Just the lousy low light focusing.

Unknown user 96884's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow