Nikon D7100 crop factor

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,957Gear list
Like?
Thane... it really is the lenses
In reply to OlyChamp, Mar 15, 2013

I have used just about every lens system there is, and I would rank Zuiko lenses right up near the top. Right below Zeiss and Leica. Almost every ZD lens made should have a "L" on it, and a red ring around the barrel.

However, lenses are only half the story. You need a camera too, and Olympus has effectively abandoned the consumer DSLR market four years ago with their last consumer grade DSLR the E620. (I don't consider the $1,700 E5 as consumer grade, but even that is around three years old now).

On paper at least, the Nikon D7100 looks like a great camera. It has everything I would want in an E30 upgrade. So I understand why the OP would want one.

In my case, I am not only addicted to the Zuiko lenses, but I also love the Olympus jpegs, and no one else really comes close. I do most of my shooting as jpegs, so I really love the results I get. I gave up waiting for another Olympus DSLR, and am now happy to use an EPL2 and a Sony A55, along with my E30. If I feel the urge to upgrade, then it will probably be to an OM-D, because the MZuiko glass isn't bad at all. It just isn't quite as spectacular as the ZD lenses are.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow