ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nayan Modi
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Pentax Optio 330 review
Jun 22, 2002

Worst possible images ever!

I just bought this after carefully reviewing other compact digicams and i am totally disappointed with it! Every image i take comes out blurry & grainy, like a friend's Kodak DX3700 i had tried out. Is it just me or are all you users out there getting the same image quality???

I previously had a Olympus D360 (1.3 MegaPIxel) and then a C2040 (2.1 MegaPixel). Both gave EXCELLENT results and my last Olympus C2040 gave razor sharp pictures with excellent contrast. I have taken over 50 photographs today using my new Optio 330 in various locations: outdoors, in the mall, at home and they all come out blurry and grainy!!!

Can someone please tell me if there is any way to correct this or is that how the images are?? I am shooting at the highest resolution and have experimented with the flash off and the nightshot setting, and that improves the image quality by only a miniscule margin.

The camera is solidly built and pocketable. The three points against the camera are:

- Very bad image quality.
- Flimsy CF slot door.
- So-so battery life.

I can live with the second two, but how can anyone live with bad image quality in a camera?! I think I am going to eBay this Optio 330 and get myself another Olympus. If anyone is interested in purchasing my brand new camera please email me with your best offer.

I would appreciate some feedback on this. I saved a couple of months salary for this and i feel totally let down by the image quality. Feel free to email me any suggestions you may have at nayanmodi@fastmail.fm

Thanks in advance.

Problems:

Blurry and Grainy images in every shot.

Nayan Modi's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow