ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kelly Cestari
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P31 review
Aug 19, 2002

-construction-
This camera has been with me every day since the day i bought it, wether its to work or cycling around. It has taken a few bumps and knocks and still works a treat.
-features-
You get what you pay for is the normal saying, and well I got more than I payed for. A hand feature is the auto power off, if not this my batterys would drain pretty quickly because I have a habit of forgetting to turn it off. All the settings you can manipulate and adjust always allow for what would normally be a bad shot to come out better than if you werent able to change anything. A feature to play with the aperture would be really nice but hey no complaints about that. The digital zoom results in grainy pics so i tend not to use the zoom, if i know im going to need to zoom on something i take my canon eos300 along with the super zoom. The std 4mg mem card is a little bit too small but with an extra purchase with the money saved i got a 128 card and it works a treat, nothing like being able to shoot 200 shots and with 80% of them being really good. Coulda have done with an optical zoom, but hey thats what upper models are for.
-image quality-
what can i say, sony has a nack for picking up colors. This camera has the ability to pick up some outstanding colors, at times i would say almost as good as the naked eye. Use the digital zoom and you will end up with grainy pics. all in all image quality is awesome. I put most of my pics on my website -- www.flyingdigipig.co.uk -- feel free to have a look around, all the photos taken in the Luxemburg-Aug-2002 section were taken with this camera.
-ease if use-
point and shoot, as with all digital cameras its not just press the button and shutter goes off you got about a second or two delay but hey thats digital cameras. once you know your way around the settings and features taking photos is a snap, excuse the pun
-value for money- BARGAIN IS ALL I CAN SAY

Problems:

i read some ppl complaining about the software provided, well thats what image editing software is for. you cant et a bargain camera and get excellent editing tools aswell.
that "ok" or "enter" button took a while to figure out but once you got it your sorted.

Kelly Cestari's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow