Started Sep 3, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eeeznutz
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus D-150Z (C-1Z) review
Sep 3, 2002

For $150, this thing was a steal! For that price I didn't expect to get the rechargeable batteries, a smart card, a USB cable and video out. The smart card may only be 8mb, but that holds 24 high quality pics. There are loads of adjustments you can make within the menu of this camera. Again, the reoccuring theme with this camera is all the value for the money. I wouldn't have paid over $200 for it, so when i saw it onsale at audioking for $150, i jumped on it. Whoever thinks this thing is hard to use is an idiot. It's very easy to figure out, and if you do have questions, the extremely thick manual covers EVERYTHING. The included software is pretty worthless and doesn't really have anything of use in my opinion. I like that with the USB, you plug it in and within seconds have a drive mounted on your system. That's great for going straight into your fav. image editting software. I'd say this is definitely an intro digicam, but it is a very high quality intro model. It's small and lightweight so it's perfect for travelling and taking quick shots. If you can get this camera for the same price I did, do it - it's an Olympus and they make great digicams. You won't regret it.

Problems:

In regards to "quick" shots - be careful because the autofocus actually takes a little patience for a crystal clear image. The lighting also has to be very good, otherwise you end up getting a rather muddy image. I've noticed a little bit of noise in my photos, but nothing I can complain about given how much I paid for it.

eeeznutz's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow