Started Sep 17, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Earl H. Dixon
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Mavica CD200 review
Sep 17, 2002

I am a retired Engineer who has been using various cameras with different formats, from 35mm to 2.25 X 3.25 for many years. My first taste of Digital Photography is with the CD Mavica 200. I've given up on all my other cameras! Why didn't this come along years ago ? I'm sure ther is room for the 5 megapixel camera for the pros and for the miniature cameras for those who don't want to bother carrying the weight of the 200. But for the rest of us this camera is THE ANSWER !

I'm Writing this additional information two years later. I'm still enamored of this camera; however, I'm looking to upgrade to a larger pixel count! I have found that when you crop an image and want to get a 5X7 out of it you sometimes need more than the two megapixels this camera gives you!

Problems:

I took the camera on a Cruise-Tour of Alaska in June and found that I did need the Accessory Hood, so that I could see the screen when in the sunlight, but other than that I have had NO problems. Would also like to have a separate battery charger, so that charging could be done while using the camera.

Two years more and I still have no problems. Battery life is GREAT!

Earl H. Dixon's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow