Started Oct 3, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oh497
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 100 review
Oct 3, 2002

I loved this camera, it was my first digital about five years ago. It's still in service for when I want a pocket camera and don't care about image quality, for instance when I wanted to show my wife a type of couch before I buy it and she couldn't make it to the store. The picture quality by today standards is poor, they remind me of the quality of the old crummy Kodak instamatics with the cube for a bulb. But when I got it I was so thrilled to have a way to put pictures in my computer and email them. I have over 5000 images from this camera, it has no screen but batteries never die. Now I own a Nikon 5700, amazing camera. I wonder if the 5700 will hold up in five years like my wonderful, trusted Coopix 100.

Problems:

Not great picture by todays standards in the year 2003, but five years ago when I got the camera, the pictures were fine. One minor problem, in high quality the camera is supposed to hold 21 pictures, but mine held 20 pictures, once in awhile after the camera was formatted, it held 21, put usually not. I could never figure out why it had that glitch.

oh497's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow