Started Oct 14, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mattInOhio
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm MX-500 review
Oct 14, 2002

Max memory card size? I love my MX-500. It is old and slow, but takes GREAT pictures. Unfortunately, I needed to upgrade the memory card, so i bougtht 2-64MB cards. They don't work. I called FUJI, and they say only 32MB cards work. If that's true, that's too bad. If anyone knows a way around this, let me know.

I still love my MX-500. Very sturdy, except for the fragile clips on the battery compartment door. The lens cover design is one of the best I've seen to date. The case is tough, and the shutter release placement avoids any possibility of taking pictures of your thumb! The flash is very bright, and takes better than average pictures indoors. But outdoor shots are amazing. Great, crisp clarity and color. very saturated. Versatile camera, better than most in it's class (1.5MP) if you're not in a hurry.

Problems:

These 64MB cards just won't work. I saw Eric's post, where he mentioned the slowness with 64MB cards. The camera recognizes the card, but when downloading the pictures they always come out corrupt. The very thin, fragile clips on the battery door break very easily (that is, if you drop the camera, the weight of the batteries can actually snap the door clip, and render the battery compartment unsafe. This happened to me, the night I bought the camera. luckily, only one of 2 clips broke, and the camera has worked reliably with a slightly askew battery door for 2 years.

mattInOhio's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow