Started Nov 4, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Young
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Mavica FD-85 review
Nov 4, 2002

Floppy disc mechanism too delicate... Otherwise brilliant! Brought this a year ago, and have had great fun with it. Great for snaps and small images. The macro facility is amazing! Compared with other cameras of similar specs, it does an excellent job. However my Camera is no more. I am posting this as I search the web for a new Camera because the floppy disc drive has broken and continually gives the dreaded "C:13:01" error for every disc inserted. This is not a problem unique to me! When searching the web or ebay, you will find many other references to floppy errors. The cost of repair is nearly the value of the camera. Which is a pity because the floppy is still my preferred mediumof storage! Go to a party photo everyone, and give them a copy of the photos at the end! Now if Sony made one with a floppy disc drive you could replace yourself like a battery instead of throwing away the camera....

Problems:

As mentioned above the floopy drive is both the main advantage and the Achillies Heel of this camera. I have joined the massed ranks of thsose users whose Macivas have bust due to a floppy disc error. If you are reading this and you have a working Mavica treat it with respect!!

Mike Young's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow