Started Dec 5, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stefan Tiganas
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 800 review
Dec 5, 2002

I have this camera for more than 9 months. It was a bargain deal, I didn't really need it. I have in the same time: Casio-3000, Fuji DX-10 (never in focus, cheap camera), Canon Pro90 and Olympus C-4040 and Sanyo SX-550. I keep only the Nikon and the Sanyo. Nikon 800 have the best image overall, very good manual option (manual focus, and, yes the ability to set both the timer and the distance), excellent detail for A4 prints (I have also an Epson 870 with CFS). Color accuracy is excellent, non-existent chromatic aberration (compared with Canon Pro90 and Oly C-4040 with Huge color fringing)
More on the plus side it use Compact Flash and regular Ni-Mh rechargeable.
I think is at least as good, even not better than the current crop of 2 Mpixel P&S camera.

Problems:

The flash. It is more than bad, it is unusable if the distance is more than 1,5 meters. I don’t understand how it got so easy on the reviews with this problem. On the other hand flash photography with a P&S digicam is so dreadful anywhere that this camera is making a service not allowing you to do it. I used the the Pro90 with the EX-550 and I was disappointed.

Stefan Tiganas's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow