Started Dec 20, 2002 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Evan Fusco
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom review
Dec 20, 2002

Decent little starter P&S for the price though pretty weak on features for anyone with any kind of advanced photography skills it feels pretty stifling and can be frustrating to get it to do what you want when you want. The delay from pressing the shutter to when the camera takes the picture is a real frustration--though is probably the same with almost all cameras in this price range/features catagory. I've missed a lot of shots of my kids where there were fleeting moments of action or expression as they moved out of the frame or the expression/pose changed in the delay period.

All in all the picture quality is pretty darn good for a 2MP camera at the price you can get this thing for. It is fantastic that the package is complete with batteries, charger, SM card (though you'll want a bigger one right away) and such. I'm using it now for almost all my family gathering snaps, for quick photos to post online, EBay, etc.

Problems:

The lens got stuck out/confused for a while one time, the owner's manual suggested a fix that worked (basicly turning the camera on and off 3 or 4 times in a row so the system coud reset.

It is problematic that the self timer has to be reset for each shot if you intend to do several in a row.

The color balance seems to be pretty cool with bluish/cyan skin tones in many cases under artificial or flash light. Also, the camera does a bit too much sharpening in camera for my taste...this is probably intended for the general user who would do little or no post-shooting manipulation or maybe even go directly from SM card to printer.

The final thing that's a pain is that the lens cover has to be open 'all the way'--there's a little extra 'click' that you have to go and it is very easy to accidently slide it back over that little 'click' toward the closed position and the camera won't work until you slide it back...a little lock would be nice or a way to keep the camera working even if it slid a little over that click would be good.

Evan Fusco's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow