Started Jan 3, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor D
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus C-2020 Zoom review
Jan 3, 2003

I have used a C2020Z for over a year now, mostly for studio portraiture of friends and relatives. Whilst A4 blow-up prints are a bit ambitious, 8x6 is achievable photo quality when viewed from normal viewing distance. After all, what normal person examines the print quality through a loupe? I have also used the camera for some landscape work and the panoramic facility is good. I have not noticed any fringing/CA that has been commented upon in later models (e.g. 5050, 730 etc). Whilst I have written more cons than pros, I do like this little machine and will not be updating to a 5050 just yet.

Problems:

My only problem is the write time of tiff files – but this is not a pro camera so I shouldn’t gripe about fifteen seconds. The Olympus E20 is not much better. The manual states that 64Mb is the biggest SM card that the camera can take. 128Mb would be better but I have not yet tried one. Navigation around the menu takes some getting used to so this camera is not for the hurried photographer. One thing I really don’t like is the ability to switch the camera on with the lens cap still in place. The crunching of gears is very distressing. After the second time, I left the filter adapter permanently attached so there is no fear of it happening again.

Trevor D's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow