Started Jan 10, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jason Arthurs
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix 2300 review
Jan 10, 2003

I actually picked up a FinePix 2200 which is a renumbered 2300 sold via Dixons, PC World and a few other select retailers (renumbered for the benefit of their 'find the same product cheaper anywhere else' promotions) and identical to the 2300 but supplied with a 16Mb card instead of the 8Mb.

This is a great camera for quick snaps, and after I'd fitted it with a 128Mb SmartMedia card it was capable of taking 166 pictures @ 1200x1600. A set of four 2000mAh rechargeables also means that I can take 166 pictures using flash and the screen.

Picture quality is good, but suffers in low light situations where dark areas have a lot of noise. This camera is very reliant on its flash, anything other than a bright overcast day will force it to fall back on its flash.

Problems:

It's over reliance on the flash is a little disappointing on a camera on which low light images suffer from a high amount of CCD noise. But for quick snaps it's a great little camera, and for £117.49 a complete bargain.

Jason Arthurs's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow