Started Jan 20, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marvin Chan
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus C-21 review
Jan 20, 2003

Bought this camera in the fall of 1999, so I've had it for 3 years now. The CR-V3 batteries it needed were so new no store in town had them, nor could I find it on the Internet. Learned to use NiMH, found they trigger the camera's low battery warning after only a few shots but continue to work fine for many more. I can now buy CR-V3 batteries, of course, and even though they run $10 each, they seem to last a realy long time. I put one in before Thanksgiving and it lasted through the holidays! About the rest of the camera; I would say it is excellent. Outstanding image quality, easy enough to use for my non-technical girlfriend to be able to just point and shoot. I agree with the reviewer who said it takes good pictures without flash - great for when you can't eliminate 'red-eye' using that flash setting. No problems with the battery cover, but the lens cover seems to slide too easily sometimes, and it has partially slid up over the lens during a picture or two... but I can see the result and take another picture right away--that's the digital advantage, right? I paid full price ($700 US) for mine and it's been worth every penny.

Problems:

None

Marvin Chan's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow