Started Feb 17, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DR.WOLF
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio 330RS review
Feb 17, 2003

Great little camera. Compared it with friend's IXUS V (2,1 MP though), and it's real competitor IXUS V3. Optio's pics quality, ease of use (going through menus is a breeze), 3X zoom ...etc, really beats any IXUS by far. Worth mentioning that what I paid for my OPTIO 330RS (approx. 500 Euros) is in my country - Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo) about 20% less that the current price of IXUS V3 (approx 600 Euros). Also, OPTIO's manual controls (most of it) are giving me much more freedom than IXUS does. According to my preliminary tests, in the broad daylight, they almost perform the same (OPTIO's colour definition is finer, and gives less noise), but in the low light dept. IXUS lags few yards behind this baby. OPTIO's middle name is TRUE COLOURS.
The only improvement I would suggest is design of camera itself (I admit IXUS is more stylish). Very pleased with my OPTIO. Might buy OPTIO S soon,will see about that.Do not wait, this is the camera for You.

Problems:

Wish I had purchased it before.
Every day without it is day without fun.
No problems so far (2 months).

DR.WOLF's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow