Started Mar 22, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vince T
Senior MemberPosts: 2,318
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U10 review
Mar 22, 2003

I purchased the Sony dsc u10 about a month ago for my girlfriend and she loves it. It is perfect for beginners as it not too complicated to use. It is a reliable point and shoot camera and very compact so my girlfriend can keep it in her purse. Of course the picture quality isn't that great, but it fairs well for a 1.3mp cam. I am kind of regreting not shelling out an extra $100CAD ($70US) for the u20 2mp model, but hey, it's too late for that now. Nevertheless, if you're looking for an ultra compact camera that will turn heads because of its size, and only need to take digital pictures to send via email, then this is the perfect camera. I've showed off this camera to a few of my friends and their first impressions were "Wow, that camera is so small! That is so cool. Where'd you get it???" Trust me, it will be at the centre of attention at any dinner party.

Problems:

Be sure to turn on the red eye reduction function or else your night pictures will be ruined because your subjects will be red-eyed.

I recommend a carrying case because the camera will turn on automatically if the sliding lens protector is moved. The camera has turned on numerous times in my pocket. The case will ensure that the camera won't turn on if it is jolted. Case sells for 12.50US on ebay or 20US in stores.

The body of the camera looks as if it's made of some sort of metallic, shiny plastic and it does scratch easily. So the aforementioned case will protect it from unsightly scratches.

Don't even bother trying to print photos on your printer with this camera. I printed a few pics on my dpp ex5 and the pictures were terrible. But, what do you expect from a 1.3mp cam? Emails and personal webpage postings are the main uses for this nifty camera!

Vince T's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow