Started Mar 27, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
seifufu
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review
Mar 27, 2003

+ the size of this camera makes it very handy; i bring it along with me where ever i go
+ unlimited mpeg movie length
+ intuitive on screen menu is very easy to nagivate and use
+ myriad of features for its size - basically everything that a casual amateur would need
+ sturdy built and contruction: my camera (in its cybershot protective case) survived after it has been accidentally dropped from about waist-high onto solid - twice!
+ sleek appearance: in my opinion, the cybershot p-series is the best looking line of ultracompact dc from any manufacturer.

Problems:

- images tend to be noisy when used indoors without flash; kind of expected given its small size.
- lack of zoom in movie mode
- lack of memory stick pro support for this camera (not the other way around b/c this camera was introduced way b4 the introduction of the pro format). Sony *should* find a way to extend the existing memory stick format past 128 mb as promised by previous press releases and roadmaps or work on a patch for support of the pro format on older cameras b/c high res cameras like this one often need more than just 128 mb storage, esp for users who shoot frequently. the memory stick select just doesn't cut it; why don't i just use 2 128 mb sticks instead if i have to take it out and hit the switch manually in the middle of, say, shooting a movie?
- the camera was a bit pricey as i bought it close to its introduction in june 2002. although its price has came down by more than 20% since its introduction, i think this camera (and generally other sony cameras) is strategically priced slightly higher than similar offerings from other manufacturers as premium for the sony brand.

seifufu's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow