Started Mar 30, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flylow
Senior MemberPosts: 1,136
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 3500 review
Mar 30, 2003

My first digital camera. I wanted a small camera because I found that I used my Olympus Stylus Zoom 105 much more often than I used my Minolta X700. 99% of my shots are casual so I was not expecting to get a camera that took pictures as well as a $600 or $700 camera.

After reading other peoples reviews I expected a much lower picture quality than I have gotten. My battery seems to last plenty long enough I have shot 40+ pictures with flash after the low battery light indicator showed. When I put the battery in the charger but the only problem was slower cycling time more than likely do to recharging the flash. As far as I understand digital cameras eat a lot of batteries. But I take a lot more pics with my digital camera than I ever did with my 35mm. I simply would not take a hundred or so pics a day using film, the cost of processing would be prohibitive to my budget but with a digital camera I can shoot as many as I like.

No real complaints as the pics are much better than I expected after reading some of the reviews and rotating the lens becomes second nature with only a little practice. The red eye problem is of no real concern to me as it is so easy to fix in the Nikon View software. I have learned a lot from the forums here about CF and formatting the CF card in the camera because the CF gets fragmented just like a hard drive. The dust halos (common with the smaller cameras) are of little concern to me, but I have not experienced any, yet anyway. IMO, you get a lot of bang for the buck with this camera! If I ever get more serious about photography then I will consider a more expensive camera but until then this is a great little camera to stick in my pocket or just have handy to grab a quick snapshot.

It takes great pictures, very satisfied!

Problems:

Just the learning curve, I am still trying to find out how much a 128 CF actually does slow down the time between shots as compared to a 64MB CF. i guess the only real way is to try a 128MB CF and a 64MB CF myself and then I will get the answer. Seems like the reviews on cameras should include some info to give a clue on how large of a CF card it takes before it starts to slow it down.

flylow's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow