Started Apr 29, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Darth
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P71 review
Apr 29, 2003

I bought one of these cameras in February (2003) just before it was superceded by the P72. I bought it from Amazon for £250, and I was very pleased with it's performance although I did think the construction was a quite flimsy.

5 weeks after buying the camera the auto lens cover broke and jammed half way across the lens. I contacted Amazon who told me to take the camera to a Sony Repair Centre, which I did. I was informed by them that Sony didn't honour warranties on "goods bought over the internet". This is something that no internet mail order company will tell you at the time of purchase!

I contacted Amazon again who took some time to respond. Eventually they told me to send the camera back to them. When it finally arrived back - almost 4 weeks later - after Royal Mail lost it in transit, I was told that they no loger had any stocks of the P71 left. A refund was arranged and Amazon credited my card account for the amount, although I was never re-imbursed for the postage costs as promised!

Having bought several items for the Sony - a 128meg memory stick and a Sony card reader / mouse I really have to replace the P71 with another Sony camera. I have now bought the new P8 - but I got that from a local shop, I can't be bothered with all the hassle of buying stuff on the 'net anymore.

Darth

Problems:

See above!

Darth's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow