Started May 4, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ted Legrand
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
HP Photosmart C215 review
May 4, 2003

This was my first digital camera a couple of years ago. I was looking for a inexpensive digital camera with a lcd and my choice stopped on this one.

The first day I openned the box, I put the 4 new AA batteries took about 20 pictures, ... batteries were dead! The manufactur said DON'T us rechargable batteries, but at this rate of consumption, I would spend $$$... on alkaline batteries. I decided to use rechargable anyway (not a good idea!, I don't know!). With 8 nimh rechargable batteries, I could shoot up to 150 pictures turning on the LCD times to times. It is not good compared to more expensive and more recent but still worth it.

Now, for the picture quality is for me not acceptable at the first time, but after comparing with similar models from other brand, it is not so bad. YES, all the pictures need retouch, but the colors are nice after that. See some of my best shots over 10000+ shots taken at http://www.pbase.com/tedlegrand.

Of course, there is not much features apart from a digital zoom and red eye reduction, but it is not a professional camera.

Finally, after several new camera that broked, I purchased a canon s200 (uncomparable) and then A70. Now that I am well informed, I found canon did the best cameras. No more HP for me

Problems:

The main point to consider is how long you whish to keep this camera? I had 3 new hp c215 in 3 years and each of them were unusable after one year of usage. The thing just stops functionning. It fires up, LCD works, but no pictures are recorded on CF card and it is not the card fault!

Could be because I used rechargable batteries!
Could be because I used the delete feature from the PC software to delete pictures on my camera! I found issues on this a while ago.

Ted Legrand's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow