Started May 8, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Julia Townsend
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus C-700 UZ review
May 8, 2003

I have had my C-700 UZ for 18 months. I love the camera. I have taken 1000's of shots on the med resolution and am overall very satisified with my pictures. I purchased a 128mb smart media card right away, and have filled it up plus some on a 64mb sm card, all using the same set of CR-V3 batteries which in my opinion last the best. After orginally trying to figure out how to get them downloaded onto my computer, I have never had another problem downloading.

I purchased this camera for the 10x optical zoom, which I use extensively. I travel for a living and this camera is of perfect weight and size for ease in carrying. I only wish they would make a case to specifically fit this camera for easier carrying.

I took a fall when in Cancun on vacation in april, with my C-700 landing between me and the sidewalk. The camera had a couple gouges/scratches but keeps on ticking perfectly. Actually, the camera saved me from getting external lacerations (the internal bruising bothered me for a couple weeks though).

Although this camera has lots of manual options, I have never played with it to figure them out. I am sure once I finally do, I will enjoy this camera much more.

I have my cancun pictures posted on webshots at http://community.webshots.com/user/misunrulyjulie taking the "newest" link to go directly to them. These are the only pictures in this url that were taken with this camera, the others are film cameras and the underwater pictures are taken with an underwater digital camera. I have some pictures taken in Las Vegas at
http://community.webshots.com/user/misunruly. Tell me how you like my pictures by using the guestbook.

Problems:

Yes I get the chromatic aberration (purple lines around objects) in bright light. The focusing takes a bit long in lower lit situations, too slow to catch anthing moving without a blurred shot.

I couldn't get the 3x tele lens to work without seeing the expansion tube shaft in every shot. With the fisheye lens on the expansion tube, the camera will not focus. These two lenses were bought in an upgrade kit specifically for this camera.

Julia Townsend's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow