Started Jun 7, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Johan Sahlin
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U20 review
Jun 7, 2003

Very fast camera for snapshots! Also very light and VERY good looking! The pictures come out just OK. They are overall quite grainy because of the harsch sharpening and Auto ISO. Auto ISO is 100-320 and you can't select ISO values manually. The reason for me returning this camera was Auto ISO and the very small and contrast-less/overly bright LCD. Maybe the picture resolution also, 2 megapixels feels a little limiting when having used 5 megapixels for a while. So I will now buy a DSC-P32 instead and get manual ISO and 3 megapixels and a larger LCD. And 100 more grams of weight
One good thing about the LCD though, I used it in the sun with sun straight into the LCD and I could still frame the shot!

Problems:

Bad LCD (low contrast, 1" is too small)
The aluminium finish does pick up fingerprints and can easily be scratched. Aluminium looks very nice but plastic is much better for durability actually. Plastic can take impacts but aluminium will get bumps

Johan Sahlin's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow