Started Jun 20, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew L. Warden
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Ricoh Caplio RR1 review
Jun 20, 2003

I purchased the RR1 six months ago after tracking down the seemingly last one available in Melbourne, Australia. I initially thought it expensive compared to other 4megapixel camera (I paid Aus$1200), but having said that, I am most impressed with it. I like the style and size of this individual looking camera.
The ease of use is excellent for both the novice and the knowledgable. I'm one of the former, which means I sometimes get out of my depth with the plethora of settings available.
Whenever I use the camera it quickly becomes a talking point of uniqueness and quality.
I am really happy with my choice despite the comments listed below. Well done Ricoh.

Problems:

There are three areas to comment on:
a) The battery, which cannot be charged while in the camera ( I would have much preferred this to having to carry around a charger);
b) The shutter speed, which is really slow (If you remain aware of this it's okay!); and,
c) Downloading photographs using the software provided (Smartcard readers and USB ports will overcome this).

Andrew L. Warden's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow