Started Jul 3, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elvin
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC20 review
Jul 3, 2003

I've have tried many digicams in this range, of which I find Nikon Coolpix2100, 775 and Canon A40 to be cream of the crop. Always a sucker for panasonic products, I had to try LC20, guess what, I bought it. Nikon always produces the best pictures with their so ever reliable Nikkor lens, LC20 answers that with the legendary Leica lens. Those who wrote in their reviews that they returned their LC20s because the pic quality sucks, well, u did not try hard enough, explore it more. That's the fun part, trying different manual settings to get the best pictures. For easy shooting, get Nikon lots of preset settings, almost idiot proof, but I can assure u, no matter how many presets u have, it will not be enough to handle all the situations u encounter, learn to use manual settings or there will be some pictures u will never get.
So much for comparison with Nikon, Nikon takes 15sec movie clip without sound, but the LC20 does, so does Canon A40, but when u compare the size of the camera, the power consumption and picture quality, the A40 pales out of contention. And there u have it, the LC20 is the one.
May not be the best in any one aspects, but all those second bests adds up to make it hell of a camera.

Problems:

yes, me too is worried abt the battery doors. Lack of expansion possibilities (Nikon 775 has wide lens adaptors, filters). Weak flash, if only it can support a an external flash. Play with ISO and exposure settings, will more or less compensate for the weak flash.

For those who are lamenting over the pricey SD card, LC20 also suppurts MMC which is cheaper. I dunno the difference, but I know SD card prices are dropping too.

Elvin's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow