Started Jul 4, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yura Datsyuk
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus C-4040 Zoom review
Jul 4, 2003

Excellent camera! Having used it for one year. Mainly using camera for scientific investigations: in microphotography (making pictures of micro objects through microscope and optical adapter) and for measuring the deformation of various strained girders by myself developed method.
I use camera for making usual pictures as well. Outdoors photos are mostly excellent. To achieve high quality of indoors pictures, one should manually adjust settings. The shortage is that pictures at aperture of 1,8 are fuzzy (I have tested it many times). Therefore I emphatically recommend to set aperture at 2,6 and slower.
Focusing system of this camera is excellent (in fact, bright lens helps focusing in dark). I suppose that C4040 produces the pictures of the smallest noise among other 4MP prosumer cameras. Night photos are superb! None of people who saw night pictures believe that a night is on the picture: only stars in the sky prove that photos were made at night!
+ Super firm body
+ The smallest noise among other prosumer camera
+ Great number of functions and settings (one of them: after prefocusing, press OK button, and the distance to the focused object would be indicated on LCD! Thus camera works as distance measuring device)
+ remote control
+ excellent noise reduction system
Conclusions: to achieve excellent results with C4040, it is required to know perfectly its functions, and have significant experience with camera.
P.S. Everyone can hardly make solid conclusions on automobiles from Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi or other company. Not automobile, but driver, needs and our ability make conclusions. Why we continue to insist on comparing the cameras?

Problems:

Chromatic aberration at small aperture (I was significantly disappointed when I saw very wide blue strip on the border of white shirt and dark jacket). However CA decreases when using a larger aperture.
http://lviv7.com

Yura Datsyuk's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow