Started Jul 10, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Enrico Iapoce
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
HP Photosmart 720 review
Jul 10, 2003

This is my first D-Camera. As far as I can see makes better pictures than my old 35mm (Yashika zoomate). For instance there is no luma dropoff at the corners of the picture and they come out sharper.
- Batteries (4) do last AGES compared to my Friend's cams and I can run a day when they run 1 hour. Also uses standard AA batteries (you can always find some).
- Brilliant daytime pictures with lots of details (setting ***)
- Decent movie capabilities
- Really Rugged, looks more like the military stuff of D-Cams. This is not for trendy-types.
- I would have appreciated a intermediate resolution between * and **. Also more advanced controls (like aperture) would be a nice addition.

Problems:

The LCD display is small and a bit slow-fuzzy.

- Problems at night: Shooting in the dark (with flash) seldom results in out of focus pictures. - Shooting in the dark at panoramas with stand and no flash makes often fuzzy&strange coloured pictures (as there is no aperture/esposition regulations all you can do is set to 100Asa equivalent and hope it will come right)

- A bit slow writing to SD card, but I've seen worse (HP 812!)

Enrico Iapoce's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow