Started Aug 21, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pibedoro
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom review
Aug 21, 2003

Though being the first digital camera and owing it for the last 6 months I think that this brief review may be of some help

PROS

Construction:
1) Great looking case, with futuristic blue lights effects.
2) The 1.5" LCD display is sharp and really well positioned

Features:
1) The supplied Cradle is very useful both for charging and in trasfering data from camera to pc via USB eliminating the possibility of messing with cables unlike other cameras.
2) Its 5-Flash modes are really interesting. The Auto, Red-Eye effect and Suppressed Flash are my favourites.
3) Movies are good, can last a good couple of minutes on a 128Mb. Sound is pretty good as well.
4) Battery lasts enough for a day-use even with flash on if it is fully charged. Good idea though to keep a reserve battery if to be heavily used.

Image quality:
Image quality is great if photos are shot in a well lighted environment.

Easy of use:
1) Interface with the user through menus is simply exemplary.
2) Using the software provided with the camera is a child's play and it got installed in a few minutes. It is very well organised and their are various useful features such as Automatic Save, well presented Slide Show, Detail packed on all images etc...

Value for money:
None

Problems:

CONS

Construction:
Despite paying maximum attention the couple of times I used it abroad and locally to preserve it to its best condition it still suffered some little scratches in its silver-plated body work.

Features:
1) A major setback for this camera is that it cannot shoot pictures in Black&White or Sepia colouring effects.
2) Although above I mentioned that the movie quality is rather good it would be a good idea not to use any zoom whilst filming or the movie quality results rediculous.

Image quality:
If the subject is distant and a tripod is not being used then their is the possibility for the images to turn blurry when developed because of negligible slight movements at the time of shooting. A good advise would be to view the preview of the pic on the LCD following each shoot and erase if necessary.

Easy of use:
None

Value for money:
Being a Maltese citizen, here all sorts of Hi-Tech equipment come very expensive when compared to other countries. I've read that its street value is estimated at $350. Well, I bought the FujiFilm F401 for an astonishing $700 or 450GBP.
Though, I still rated it at 4 as most of you did in order to keep the average where it is as I know that the price at which I bought it does not reflect the International price for this particular digital camera

pibedoro's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow