Started Oct 8, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rob_Opt
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Pentax Optio 450 review
Oct 8, 2003

Really happy with this camera. Excellant quality from shots at *** and full res. Lots of control or just put it on P (Program mode) and shoot.
I read all the reviews and no other camera in this price range, or even $100 more, has the features or quality along with this big a zoom in such a small package.
** I dl's and updated the bios of the camera from Panasonic, was very easy to do. The start up time from off to ready to shoot is now less then 3 seconds.
I've been using this camera for over a year and had no problems with it. The barral distortion is only noticeable on close ups of geometric shapes and easily fixed in the paint program.
Battery life is really amazing, and the more I have used the camera the more I appreciate all the easily reached, useful features.

Problems:

My only gripe, the ACDSee is a two year old version 3.1... I was expecting a currant v 5-6 and am disappointed.
The manual could be improved.
The movie function is sort of a toy gimmic, but fun, wonder if a different format would be better?

Rob_Opt's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow