Started Oct 13, 2003 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sean69
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix M603 review
Oct 13, 2003

Well I actually got this camera by accident. My mum was in Malasiya on the 8th, October and I told her to get me the sony DSC-P10 but as she was about to buy it, the stupid store guy told her that Fujifilm was more popular and was a huge seller. My mum got completely dazzled by this and so she bought it. It was slightly cheaper than the Sony as well so it would be apparent that the store guy wasn't trying to cheat my mum out. Anyway I like this camera and the 2.5" LCD screen is fantastic. When I look at my friend's sony now, I'm thinking that I'm glad I didn't get it. There are a few quirks though which I will mention below. Anyway I was wondering one thing about this camera. The box states that it is a 3.0 Megapixel camera but in the functions menu, it goes up to 6MP. How is this? The battery life on the M603 is quite good though. The pictures are excellent in low light and also in day time. I even took some pics of my German Shepherd last night in total darkness and it still came out excellently as if there were light already. All in all, this is a good camera for picture quality. I am yet to have an under exposed shot or vice versa from this camera. Some people complain that there is no Firewire but only USB? Well why should that bother you? I mean USB 2.0 is afterall 480mbps whereas Firewire is only 400. Don't argue this point coz I have the Jessops guide to USB and firewire right in front of me. Most computers do come with at least 2 USB ports today so why worry? Anyway I hope some of my questions can be answered about my camera and also tell me if our accident of choosing Fujifilm over Sony P10 is a big mistake. Thanks you guys.

Problems:

As for the problems with this cam, well so far, none as yet..except I would have thought the build quality could have been slightly improved. What I mean is that the zoom button looks and also feels very flimsy and loose but the body is fine. Another bad thing is that the cam is very hard to hold comfortably without poking other buttons at first. Anyway the cradle they give you is a bonus so I guess that makes it ok. Another bad thing is that the zoom is useless. It's only 38-76mm. What on earth can you do with that? The sony was better for this on the other hand but I read a few reviews on the mysterious yellow tint you get on skin tones when taking pictures. Also the greens look a bit artificial so I guess I'm glad I didnt get it. I think I will use my cam for about 6 months and then get me a Cannon EOS300 or something. What I don't like about this camera is that it doesnt have an optical view finder which makes framing really hard at night. I mean really, at night when there is no light around. You have to sort of guess where the subject is. Another thing is, the package and brochures claim that it comes with a 512mb card but all they gave me was a 128mb and that I had to pay extra for. The picture card is a 32mb. Well that's about it I guess. Hope my review was helpful.

Sean69's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow